Friday 19 April 2013

Glorious day for 5x50


View from the Prom at the Seafield end 


There may have been a bit of a headwind on the way out, but the return was glorious, squinting against the sun and birling along with the wind on the tail.
20 days down: 30 to go on the 5x50. Over a third of the way through and just 5 days off the halfway mark. Last year various people I knew were doing the 5x50. They looked awfully fit. At first I thought: 5k - that's quite easy, Once in a while.I thought that this consistency of daily exercise was too difficult to fit into my busy life, running a business and all.
Now I'm doing it, the consistency IS hard, especially on days when the weather is foul. It's easy to turn off the alarm which is now set half an hour earlier than before. As an evening person, I only half joke that by doing this before breakfast, it gets it done before I wake up...
But every day I postponed the challenge to later on, it just makes it harder to fit into the day. The exception was the day when there was ice and frost on the ground - it warmed-up significantly to the point that it was a delight to go out - especially compared to what it was like earlier.
Plus early networking meetings would mean doing the challenge in the cold and dark - but I can fit in the challenge on the way back to the office.
I do have the option of doing this indoors on the static bike. Or doing a 30 mins exercise class - my Zuma DVD comes to mind. But nothing beats exercise and fresh air, although the air part is often delivered force-fed when you live by the sea!

Practical Action - my inspiration for this 5x50 2013 challenge. 

Donate at: Virgin Money Giving page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PennyHaywoodCalder Practical Action uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries and each year help around a million people break out of the cycle of poverty ... for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment