Monday 1 April 2013

5 x 2 - so far, so good.

All those ks to do....


Well, two days in and have 10k under my trainers: day one was a 5k run/walk done at the start of a fast day - I'm on the 5:2 diet. which is working great. I also did a hard couple of hours pruning in the garden  and a load of other stuff, so I was puggled by 8pm and had one of the best sleeps ever - out for 12 hours straight. I find the fast days promote very deep sleep.
Felt fabulous today. Did a much faster 5k on the bike. I incorporated three HIIT bursts today for good measure.
Been out both mornings first thing and reckon all this exercise and fresh air is oxygenating me nicely. Have done loads more in the house and garden. Let's see what happens when I'm back at my desk tomorrow. Still going to do my 5x 50 despite going to connectED at Cargo first thing. Will do it before settling down to work.
Really pleased that I'm managing ok without preparatory training so far. Fingers crossed I can keep it up.


Practical Action - my inspiration for this 5x50 2013 challenge. 

Donate at: Virgin Money Giving page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PennyHaywoodCalder

Practical Action uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries and each year help around a million people break out of the cycle of poverty ... for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment