Wednesday 17 April 2013

First cold, then wind, now rain on the 5x50 Challenge

When I started the 5x50 challenge there was frost on the ground, the snow line was about 100' above. Despite wanting to do the challenge first thing, I often waited until the day warmed up to avoid skidding about - I'm not a confident cyclist. 

Then there was strong gusting winds which burled me along, hiding their strength for the return journey when I turned to face them and battle back. At least I had the option of walking back, unlike my lovely hubbie who led the way by signing up for this challenge first, despite his wonky ankles which been playing up recently.

Now today it's rain. At least I have good waterproofs and the cycle helmet peak provides much better protection from the rain than I remember - possibly the last time, it was more horizontal rain. 

Still, another 5k clocked up. Be good to raise a £1 for every k....

Practical Action Fundraising Update

Got my first £s for PR Tips at ConnectED yesterday morning at Cargo. I think that's a fund-raising ploy I can do more of. It was good fun, pulling the bright orange Practical Action T-shirt on over the smart business top to run the session. The goodwill and interest in the room about Practical Action's work was palpable, so they're getting free PR as well. 

Another ploy I'm toying with is to make rock cakes - the only cake I know i can make. Maybe Joppa Rocks cakes since we live near Joppa Rocks - and Joppa does indeed rock as a great place to live. 


Practical Action - my inspiration for this 5x50 2013 challenge. 

Donate at: Virgin Money Giving page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PennyHaywoodCalder Practical Action uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries and each year help around a million people break out of the cycle of poverty ... for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment