Thursday 11 April 2013

Practical Action's finest and a face to match the colour...


This, day 12 of the 5x50 challenge, has been the first day that felt warm(ish) enough to ditch the windproof jacket. Time to don the jolly T-shirt from Practical Action! This pic was taken around half-way through today's 5k. With a face almost as bright as the T-shirt, I do look a bit chilly underneath the grin, but it's all for a good cause and the unflattering head/ear band stopped my ears from freezing over. I think we got the best of the day, including a little sunshine. I also managed the climb at the end of the Prom up to Seafield Road for the first time in my highest gear on my old mountain bike. Looks like 70k of cycling to date is starting to show some improvement in the old cycling legs.

Also bowling along wondering how to raise money. Thinking about Joppa Rocks nearby and the fact that the only bun I can bake reliably is the forgiving rock cake...and although I say it myself, they are rather good as I put in plenty of fruit and spices. I feel a fund-raising coffee and cake bake-in coming on....

Practical Action - my inspiration for this 5x50 2013 challenge. 

Donate at: Virgin Money Giving page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PennyHaywoodCalder Practical Action uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries and each year help around a million people break out of the cycle of poverty ... for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment