Monday 8 April 2013

1 week down and motoring!

Had a suspiciously fast cycle along the Prom. Turned to return at Seafield and the wind I thought had been blowing across me, turned out to have been blowing me along. So it was on the nose all the way home. So much for me thinking my legs were getting stronger! But at least it was not cold today - for the first time since the Challenge started - here in Edinburgh at least.

Finished off week one of the 5x50 challenge with a 20k cycle along & back on the re-vamped Pencaitland railway. The improvements include 11 interesting memory boards from people that has been involved in the mining and the railway. Plus a lovely resurfaced track and posh benches and a picnic area. A community garden in the making too.

Less than 6 weeks to go now. After the foul weather we had lately it seems ages since I had good exercise outdoors. The thing I notice/remember most is how good I feel exercising in fresh air. Thanks to the 5x50 for getting me out there. 
Best cycle to date: the Pencaitland old rail track. 
Best walk/run - Arthur's Seat. Easiest option: we are so lucky living next to the Prom in Joppa. We can do a blast along and back on a good level surface in c20 mins on mountain bikes.


Practical Action - my inspiration for this 5x50 2013 challenge. 

Donate at: Virgin Money Giving page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PennyHaywoodCalder Practical Action uses technology to challenge poverty in developing countries and each year help around a million people break out of the cycle of poverty ... for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment